Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ella Bear is 3 months old TODAY!


Our baby bear is 3 months old today!!!! I can't believe it's already been 3 months since she was born! Time has definitely flown by and it has been the best 3 months ever! She is the most amazing little person and Chris and I can't even remember what life was like before her. I'm not really sure what she is weighing in at now because we don't go back to her pediatrician until next month for her 4 month check-up. I'm guessing she is definitely at 10lbs. by now since she weighed 9lbs. 2 oz. @ 2 months. She is finally starting to grow out of her newborn clothes and into her 0-3 month clothes. Before I had her, I never knew that their was a difference between "NEWBORN" and "0-3" but there is. She was wearing preemie clothes for the first month and then went to newborn and now onto 0-3 months. She has also graduated up to the next size diaper too! She was in pampers newborn until a couple weeks ago and now she's a big girl in her big girl size 1 diapers! LOL They are still pretty big on her but I'm sure she'll be growing out of those in no time!
Marilyn (Chris' grandmother's cousin) has been working on Ella's room (pictures to come) doing her mural and just organizing/functionalizing it better for us. It is looking pretty adorable and I can't wait for the finished product and to show all of you!
Being a mommy is the greatest! And although it's no hay ride all of the time, it has been the best times of my life thus far!
Here is my list of the 10 best things about being a Momma:

1. Ella Bear's big beautiful smile...especially now when we are in her face talking to her. She loves to play "Moonwalk" with her daddy and she loves to sit and stand up like a big girl!
These things along with lots of other things make her smile and we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.
2. ooos and cooos...she has been talking so much lately and most of the time it's when we are changing her diaper. She'll be saying complete sentences and "I LOVE YOU" in no time...LOL
3. Bath Time at The Miller Spa...There's nothing like a naked baby. Chris and I both give her a bath every other night...not because we can not do it by ourselves. We both have given her a bath by ourselves but it's like a ritual for us to come together for that time and she LOVES her bath! If you were a fly on the wall, you'd probably be cracking up at the faces we unknowingly make. She used to not like the getting out part but she has gotten a lot better at that and just talks to us a lot while we are drying her off.
4. Our sweet girl Listening and learning...It absolutely amazing to me how much Ella learns every day! Chris has been sticking his tongue out at her and she has been doing to same back at him. She also has now started to curl that lower lip out when she is upset! It is so cute!
5. Nursing...this to me is by far the coolest thing ever! To know that I am producing milk to sustain her life and help her grow is just totally amazing to me! I know mothers have breastfed their babies for centuries but when you get to do it for your own baby it's just so powerful and wonderful! It's a feeling I have no words for.
6. The LOVE I feel for her and from her...when she is looking into my eyes, nursing or just snuggled up on my chest I feel an intense, out of this world, Godly love for her and I know she loves me back too! Nothing can compare to this bond between a mommy and her baby.
7. Watching her with her Daddy...I get the most intoxicating feeling when I watch Chris with Ella. It doesn't matter if he is playing moonwalk with her, changing her diaper and talking to her, cradling her while she sleeps, taking a nap with her in his arms, dressing her or just being with her, I love watching them interact and bond. She had a special relationship/bond with Chris long before she was born and it is so refreshing watching them!
8. I get to gaze at the most beautiful thing in the entire world on a daily basis...my baby's eyes!
9. Friday night slumber parties...Ever since I can remember, Ella gets to sleep with me on Friday nights. We call it our slumber party. She has been sleeping in her crib, in her room, since she was 5 weeks old and in her playyard bassinet before that. So, it's a big treat for me especially when Friday nights come a long and we get to go to bed together and cuddle all night long...just momma and baby bear. No, I don't kick Chris out of our bed...he always ends up falling asleep on the couch watching movies or working.
10. And last but definitely not least, Going to bed every night thanking the good Lord that I am a momma and I have a beautiful, healthy baby girl and a husband that loves me!
Daddy was making her laugh!
Oh I'll have to add another BEST thing about being a Momma...baby gums! I love them!
Here's a quick little video of Ella Bear since I just figured out that I could put videos on here from my camera...LOL

Hope you have a great weekend! God Bless!

1 comment:

Tracy Robinson said...

oh! i love that number 9. maybe i should start that tradition too...love it!

however, i spend a lot of time trying to keep the kids OUT of our bed. presley gets a movie night if she sleeps in her bed for five nights in a row, so far she has only made it 2 nights!