Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Catching up...

I have a lot to post so I'll go ahead and leave the talking to a minimum...Father's Day was GREAT! Chris said that this was the BEST Father's Day he'd ever had...it's his first LOL. This was how we woke him up Sunday morning so that Ella could give him his gift.

She started opening it for him...

of course eating the tissue paper...

I said, "Ella, what are you doing?" and this was the reaction I got...LOL "Eating tissue paper...what do you think?"

Ella made her Daddy a beautiful book with pictures of them and captions. She is so talented...already taking after her mommy making photo album! LOL

They looked through the book together...

Two peas in a pod!

Both of our families came over last Sunday for Father's Day to enjoy my momma's yummy spaghetti and KK's salad. There were 18 of us there and we finally had room to accomodate all of those people! It would have been so crowded in our townhome but everyone had a seat and everyone seemed comfy! I remembered earlier that morning to turn down the AC so that it didn't get too hot while everyone was there. We are definitely not unpacked yet but we were able to go through all the boxes in the living room and kitchen and put it all away or move it to another room until we had the time to go through it. I think all the Daddies had a really good time and so did the rest of us. I just didn't get to take very many pictures because I was busy most of the day.
Later that night, I did get some pictures of us feeding Ella some avocado. We finally started her on solids last Friday (6/19) and she makes the funniest faces! She doesn't have the swallowing thing down yet but she's working on it.

Here's one of those faces...LOL



There's another funny face!

And another...

I love this one!

Since she had her "My Aunt Loves Me" bib on, we had to get pictures of some of her Aunts with her!
Aunt Jojo & Ella Bear...

GREAT Aunt Darla and Ella Bear...she's waving and saying hi!

Aunt Leah and Ella Bear...

Me & my Ella Bear after her first solid foods.

She can hold her sippy cup too. She doesn't know how to get the water out of it (by sucking) but she'll figure that out soon enough.

Daddy & Ella Bear after her first solids.
Getting sugars from Daddy on her neck!
Chris has just started putting Ella on his shoulders and walking around the house and she LOVES it!
She usually eats his hair and leaves a lot of slobber...NICE!
Going backwards here...Last Thursday (my momma's birthday) we went over to Aunt Doris' house for a little family get together after work since Joanna and Charlie were going to be in town. So all the babies (4 of them) were together for the first time. Charlie was showing Ella his book...
My momma and her sisters with their grandbabies (Charlie 1 1/2, Avery 8 1/2 months, Ella 7 1/2 months & Ethan 3 1/2 months). I don't think they are having a good time...what do you think? LOL
I am going to have to re-post this picture again once I have found the one of me doing this same pose when I was around the same age as Ella. I was on my parents bed with my Daddy's sock on my head.

Going back even further...Ethan, Blake & Leah came over to have their family pics taken a couple weeks ago and we got these of Ella & Ethan afterwards...




Look at those chunky monkey thighs on Ella Bear! Ethan is catching up fast!
We also had my best friend's baby shower at the end of May...it was an awesome turn out and a wonderful baby shower! This is a picture of all the hostesses...

Ella got to finally meet her Aunt Abigail!
And Aunt HB!
Aunt Rose!
She got to see her Aunt Nesie too!

Aunt P and Ella Bear!
This is a picture of Chris unlocking our front door for the first time on June 2nd right after we closed on our new house!

This is the picture of the front of the house which was on HAR.com...
We are going to start painting Ella's room this weekend and of course continue to unpack and get things more organized.
Have a great weekend and God Bless!

1 comment:

Ann said...

GREAT post, Courteney! I know it takes some time to post, but I feel all caught up in your life! Congrats Miller family on your new home! May there be many sweet memories, love and laughter in that house.

Love,
Ann