Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Eve & Christmas Day

This year was a little different (not bad different) being at Grandma and Pawpaw's for the holidays
and all.  We still did our traditions and of course did some of Grandma and
Pawpaw's traditions as well.  We still went looking at Christmas lights except it was just
Ella & I because Parker fell asleep.  We had grandma's chili and tamales which
is a Christmas Eve tradition for them and a good one I think we'll be carrying on
even when we get our own house again.  We usually make cookies on Christmas
Eve but kind of ran out of time so Grandma just let the kids pick out some cookies from her stash
that she had baked that week to put out for Santa.

I gave the kids a bath and they put on their Christmas pj's and Grandma
let them open 1 gift...it was the movie planes so they could watch it that night.  




I fell asleep while getting Ella to lay down and go to sleep so Chris
woke me up at like 1 or 2 in the morning to set up the teepee and put all the presents out.

I sewed little pockets for their treasures on the inside and finger knit
a couple of pouches to hang the tea lights inside.  

We also draped white lights around the outside just for Christmas.

The kiddos got all kinds of goodies including a new pair of shoes each,
jump rope, umbrella, ball, socks, 1 outfit each, a little stuffed animal, puzzles, fingernail brush
leather treasure pouch, bracelets, flute, harmonicas, a set of keys (their request) and
a ton of treasures and jewels/rocks.





Then we headed downstairs to see what Santa had left for them in the living room and
from Grandma and Pawpaw!  Parker got a spiderman and a remote control truck which he loved.

Ella got a bear to put together and a beautiful doll.


Daddy got a remote control truck too!!!

Ella also got Ella a hello kitty necklace.

Then we headed over to Grannt and Poppa's.  The kiddos got some cool things over
there too including new sleeping bags with their names on them which are super
soft, new boots for both, stamp set for Parker and Ella got her first very own knitting
kit!  I didn't get any pictures of them opening their gifts because I was so busy helping them.

We had a beautiful Christmas spent with our loved ones and couldn't have asked
for a better time together!

No comments: