Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Cup Overfloweth...

I thought all of you working mommas out there that have "pumped" at work would get a real kick out of these two "at work pumping experiences"

On my first day back to work on Dec. 18th, I asked one of my coworkers if I could use his office to pump since his and one other were the only offices in my building with locks and no windows. He said jokingly, "Yeah, you can use my office as long as you don't spray that stuff every where!" LOL Well, turns out, I was transfering the milk to the storage bag and accidnetally spilt about 2 oz. all over his printed out schedule. Whoops.
He didn't even use that schedule anymore thank God but I thought that was pretty funny!

And for the second pumping funny...I now use the conference room which has doors with windows but no locks. So, I had to put a sign up that says, "OCCUPIED, DO NOT ENTER!" I am off to the side so no one can see me through the windows. Anyways, I have had a couple days when I can barely keep my eyes open while sitting at my desk as any new mommy can relate to. Well, I went to the conference room to pump and rested my head on the back of the chair and dozed off for a second. Needless to say, I woke up to find milk streaming down my stomach...LOL

It's pretty funny how the guys are around here about breast milk and pumping. They'll make jokes about it and say, "Oh we're out of creamer for our coffee," and another will say, "Well, no worries, Courteney has plenty for us in the freezer."

More pictures and Ella's 2 month update will be up soon...have a wonderful Wednesday and God Bless!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Those are pretty funny! I did it for about two weeks and gave up.

You should talk to Jana about her experiences - she once had a guy trying to figure out why the door to her office was locked while she was pumping. He kept turning the knob and knocking, trying his hardest to get in! We were all like "she is busy!"

Wendy

Tracy Robinson said...

i've pumped in the most random places! i went to a weekend long conference once and stayed at a hotel with no fridge in the room. i had to run back every few hours ... i was keeping my milk on ice in the hotel room. i was not ABOUT to throw that "liquid gold" away! i worked entirely too hard for every ounce!

good for you for staying dedicated to it. it aint easy, but so worth it!

Amber said...

Courtney!
First off, BIG Congratulations from Scott and me on your beautiful baby girl! That is such a wonderful blessing and so exciting. Also, I am soo happy I found your blog through your photography blog. I have read it all and am all caught up.

I have a blog too, come visit it sometime. It is just about our life and house and being married.

Your stories are hilarious! I plan to do the same (breast feed) when we have our baby (not preggo yet, maybe by the end of the year). Much praise for you being to dedicated!

Ok, anyways. Hope to see you and your family very soon! Take care! You are on my list of favorites to check up on consistently.