Sunday, May 15, 2011

Good times at the Miller house...

As usual, it's been crazy but fun around our
house!  It has been harder this month
to post or keep up on our family blog because
I've thankfully had lots of sessions to edit.
So, on to what's been going on with us...

The pictures of Ella above where from I think
the first time it got kind of hot outside
and we let her run round in the sprinkler
and a bathing suit that was too small... :-)

At the beginning of April, Chris had field day at his school right after
the 5th graders took 2 of their TAKS tests.  I was off that day
since there wasn't any tutoring going on that day.
So, the babies and I went up to the school to see daddy in action
and to enjoy the festivities.
Once we got home that day, the babies crashed and then
we spent the afternoon out in the backyard.



Ah...our little Ella Bear...getting so independent.
so smart and picks up on everything!
She's been saying..."I love YOU", and then I or Daddy
says, "I love YOU!"  With an emphasis on YOU.
She says it sometimes without us saying it to her.
She makes a serious face but can't hold it for long and
starts to crack up...just like me...I could never make a serious face.
She still loves to dance and amazes us when she sings along to
songs in the car.  She can typically pick up the words to a song
after hearing it only a couple times and sometimes the
same time she hears it!
Potty training is not going so well but were gonna keep on
trying...:-)   


That weekend we went to the SEI picnic (Pawpaw,
Aunt Jojo, Aunt Kim, Nana & Pappy all work).
It was out in Hockley at The Houston Oaks Golf Course
and Club...it was gorgeous out there!
Ella had a blast on the bounce houses and
so did daddy!


Ella's sweet little cousin Kyndal.

Chris got to see his best friend and cousin
Ryan



And Parker hung out mainly
napping in his car seat.

Aunt Jojo and Tammy

After the picnic we drove out to Katy to Emma's 2nd birthday
pool party.  Love the picture of all the guys and their babies!

Easter (Saturday) at Granny & Poppa's

See Poppa bunny rabbit...


Hunting for Easter eggs.

Big E




Love these pictures of Ella & Ethan...
and the ones below of Ella, Ethan & Parker.





Uncle Blake hanging out with Parker

Ella & Ethan were digging in Granny's plants...

Chris & Blake were blowing on grass to make that high pitched
squeal sound...the things that amuse us...

Ella and Parker crawling in the tunnel together.



Easter over at Marsha's...

And now on to the crazy stuff going on at our house...

We had a busted pipe in the wall behind our
fridge about a month ago and the water went behind the
fridge in to the den (playroom), dining room, the bar area and
into the kitchen.

The cabinets, floors and walls have mositure or water damage
and have to be replaced.  The water restoration company
 had a 10 fans and 4 dehumidifiers in
those rooms mentioned above and somehow blew
a circiut.  So, we lost all the food in our fridge :-(
We had no access to our kitchen to cook or anything
so we had to eat out or figure out what to pick up
for every meal which is so hard with two babies!

So, now we are in the negotiation stage with our
insurance company (home owners) and waiting for the
repair work to begin.  good times good times LOL



Oh and this gorgeous pink tile...we'll miss you!





This was one of the first days we had to eat out.
Ella, Parker and I went to the Bake Shoppe
to enjoy some yummy home cooked food!

Oh and I forgot to mention that we had NO water
pressure for a week or so because when the water
was turned off to repair the pipe
the sediment collected and stopped
it all up.  So, I took the babies over to Granny
and Poppa's s so we could visit and also to
take showers!  It had been 3 days for me!
I know stinking huh!  The babies were exhausted
so they took a nap after their shower.

Chris' birthday was May 2nd.
We met Grandma and Pawpaw
at Texas Roadhouse that
night after rushing home after school
to meet with the
contractor.
Ella, Parker and I made a pretty card for
him and then I brought him lunch at work.
I think he had a good birthday.

And finally, we started Parker on solids
 yes, in the midst of all this chaos...LOL
He started with avocado just like Ella
and despite what the picture shows...he loves
them!  We gave him sweet potatoes two days
ago and he hasn't really taken to those quite yet.
He gagged on them...:-)



He is sitting up by himself, pulling up and standing up.
He's been crawling all over the place too!  He's a wild man!
He's a cranky little booger when we put him in his car seat 
and has been for the past month or so.  It seems like
he might be getting over that phase since the last
couple times we went somewhere in the car he only fussed
for a second but then either went to sleep or just looked around.
He didn't ever do it in the mornings when I take him and Ella to
Mrs. Scott's...thank God!
We just can't believe that he is crawling, pulling up on
things and just growing so fast!
Chris says he is super sensitive, even more so
than Ella and me.  If I walk out of the room and
don't say anything to him he gets his feelings hurt and 
curls that bottom lip and cries.  
I'll have more updates next post on both the babies
and our house!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments: