Monday, March 10, 2014

Our 7th Anniversary

I can't believe it's already been 7 years already since we got married!
It just seems to go by so super fast!
Chris walks in on our anniversary and starts to scratch his
arms, his shoulders, and chest and says, I'm itching…Get it the 7 year itch…lol

Thanks you to Granny and Poppa for the card and $$$ and
Grandma and Pawpaw for watching the kids while enjoyed an evening
out for dinner and a movie.
We love ya'll!!!

Now to get a bit mushy…
 Not a day goes by that I don't love this man.
Though we are not in the best, most stress-free part of our lives at the moment
or at least the most comfortable time in our lives
I continue to feel the love in my heart
I continue to push forward knowing there are better days ahead
in our marriage and in our lives for I know that we were never promised
days without heartache and pain, difficulties and struggles.

I know God has great things in store for us and I
pray every day for his guidance in our decision making,
in our marriage, our love for one another, and our patience with one another.

Here are a couple of quotes that I think are important to remember...
“The best time to love with your whole heart is always now, in this moment, because no breath beyond the current is promised.”
-Fawn Weaver

“The difference between an ordinary marriage and an extraordinary marriage is in giving just a little ‘extra’ every day, as often as possible, for as long as we both shall live.”
-Fawn Weaver

“The greatest marriages are built on teamwork. A mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace.”
-Fawn Weaver

“A happy marriage doesn’t mean you have a perfect spouse or a perfect marriage. It simply means you’ve chosen to look beyond the imperfections in both.”
-Fawn Weaver

It just so happens that all of these quotes are from the same person
and they all resonated with me

And now the lyrics from a song we both hold dearly in our hearts
and one of these days, I will have these lyrics printed and framed
next to our wedding picture in our new home!

"Not Fire Not Ice"
There is not a river wide. 
Not a mountain high. 
And neither sin nor evil. 
Could change how I feel inside. 
Could change how I feel inside. 

Not all the strength of the ocean. 
Not all the heat from the sun, from the sun. 
Now, others have tried, I just can't deny. 
For me you are the one. 
For me you are the one. 

The true love is priceless. 
For true love you pay a price. 
But there's nothing can keep me from loving you. 
Not fire, no not ice. 
Not fire, no not ice. 

Like a hero or a champion. 
You are the best, you're the best. 
Like religion or superstition. 
With you I am blessed. 
With you I am blessed. 

Now the river may grow wider. 
The mountain may reach past the sky. 
And wether or not you feel the same. 
My love shall never die. 
My love shall never die. 

The true love you give and take. 
The true love is sacrifice. 
But there's nothing can keep me from loving you. 
Not fire, no not ice. 
Not fire, no not ice. 
Not fire, no not ice.

~Ben Harper~

I love you Christopher Gregory Miller and here's to 100 more
anniversaries to celebrate!

No comments: