Monday, July 28, 2014

Our camping trip to Lake Conroe and The Cleanse...

Had to include this one of Parker with his raspberries…
he does this every time he eats them!

And the day before we left to go to Conroe, we went to Gia's
birthday party where the kids got to paint a bird house!
They really enjoyed this!

OK so, Chris and I started a cleanse (The master cleanse) 3 days before heading out
to lake conroe and the whole reason we went on this little camping trip
was to make it a little easier on ourselves for the 10 days we were going to be
on the cleanse to not be around food all the time except for what we had to make
for the kids which was simple stuff.  So, every morning we did a salt flush and all day
drank water, lemon, grade b maple syrup and cayenne pepper..up to 60 oz. and regular
water of course.  We did this for 10 days!
It was one of the hardest I've ever had to do ever!  I even almost caved in
one night and licked Ella's hotdog!  lol
Anyways, Chris and I were irritable & hungry but kept ourselves busy and watched
movies every night!

This was the marina that we stayed at called Stowaway Marina where most people were
permanent residents.  We pulled our little pop up camper in there and made ourselves
right at home.

The kids went on morning bike rides while I walked along side them.


would've been a whole lot cooler if we had a boat!  ;-)

The best night we had was when we went to Silverleaf later in the day (like at 4 or 5pm)
and swam until 9pm.  I packed the kiddos dinner and we had a nice evening there in the pool.
We even watched a beautiful sunset over lake conroe.




the next day, we went to Lone Star Trail
which is in Huntsville.

It was absolutely gorgeous back there!

I packed the kid's lunches and we set out on our hike.

This dragonfly led us down the hiking trails the entire time there and back
for about 1 1/2 hours!  I know you are probably thinking there are tons
of them but we watched this one the whole time and the kids said the forest fairies
sent the dragonfly to show us the way. 


Every time I see this picture,
I think my baby girl is growing up!
She looks so big here!


Parker is into picture taking right now!  He asks me to take pics of him all the time.
Ella on the other hand not so much.  But, she does like being the picture taker.


We found all kinds of treasures in the forest!








Huge leaf!

My little hippy, tie-dyed children…love them!

Our last on the cleanse was spent in Tomball at Spring Creek Park where we
stayed in our camper for another couple nights.  Ella and Parker met a sweet friend
namedc Elizabeth who helped them catch frogs and played with them!  On our last morning
there, an avid camper knocked on our camper door and asked if we would like
to come see the bee tree.  He said, "Those city kids never get to see this and rarely do I!"
It was a tree full of bees with honey!  The kids were pretty amazed!  

No comments: